Some of our Favorite Tips for our Couples:
- Consider sending invitations to formally ask those you have selected to be your attendants. This is a great way to express how special they are to you and how honored you would be if they accept.
- Have your nails done the day before and have your hair stylist and makeup artist come to you on the wedding day.
- Your programs are a great way to personalize your wedding. This is the perfect place for information you want to share with your guests like a favorite poem or how the two of you met or became engaged.
- Be sure to set aside a few private moments for the two of you, either right before or right after the ceremony. This will probably be the only time you’ll have to be alone for hours to come.
- Make a point to do something thoughtful that day. Leave a card for your parents or have breakfast with your grandmother. Maybe send a note to your future wife/husband just moments before the ceremony.
- Have a special guest introduce the wedding party when they arrive to the reception, rather than the emcee, possibly a grandfather or a brother, etc.
- Don’t forget the honeymoon suite. Prepare a basket of sweet things including champagne, glasses, snacks, bubble bath, lotions, room spray, candles and most importantly, access to romantic music. This can make the most basic of rooms “unforgettable."
- Ask to have your invitations hand cancelled at the post office. It makes for a much more elegant look.
- Always be the gracious host. Consider your guests in all your decisions and add things to make your guests feel welcome and informed...gift bags, weekend agendas, maps, etc.
A few More Suggestions: